Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Can't Shake This Moment

I had really decided on writing something different than what tonight's blog is about.  Life just framed a moment for me I'll never shake....

I was sitting in the middle of a moment where my wife was firmly yet lovingly laying down the law with my daughter.....she was explaining the discipline firmly yet with a loving open tone....It was something to behold.  You might be saying..oh yeah...what is so special about that?  I'll tell you this, I did not grow up with love and reason and concern like what I saw. When you add in the trials from the past two years, and her working two jobs...homeschooling our other daughter and this is not a recipe for what the finished product I witnessed.

When you really love your child and you want so much good for them..to give them a future and a hope, you can pray...try your best...make plans, but really something unplanned always seems to hit you--right in your best made plans.  The enemy knows weak points and hits them right on cue to rob us from peace and joy.

Firm yet she stayed calm through the chaos, loved through the calamity..stayed focused and went right on loving her the right way...shared her heart in a beautiful way that seemed to be heard and received.... probably the way our heavenly Father looks down on us and corrects us but still firmly yet with love--looks past the calamity and loves us....

One chaotic situation that ended with uncharacteristic peace in the Taylor household at least for tonight....Those of you who know me know that PEACE is my biggest desire from life. Thank you God for a wife who cares, who keeps trying no matter how tired she is, who loves us well. Thank you for your unexpected gift of peace tonight.



No comments:

Post a Comment